Friday 9 March 2018

3. Take an Extended Walk in Your Neighborhood

Me and my mother took a walk in the neighborhood and talked on various subjects.
The point of this exercise was to listen. She has told me great things which I had not known before.

The first thing my mother taught me was that, in the Bible, the two greatly close friends David and Jonathan were actually family. David's wife Michal was the son of king Saul, and the brother of Jonathan. Therefore the two were actually brothers-in-law. This I did not know. My mother is very well-versed in Scripture, and I give her great credit for that. Many times have I read about the two friends, but never have I read that passage of scripture before.

We walked on, and we discovered a new street we hand't known was even in the neighborhood. Very interesting. The street lead to a cul-de-sac and a drive-in estate. Now I know.

A second significant point was given by my mother: the next Star Wars movie, a franchise of which I am deeply fond, will feature the famous composer John Williams for the last time before he retires of his duties of composing. I was in shock for a moment, and was in pure disbelief. A staggering 66-year long career in music is finally brought to a close. Incredible. He has brought me many moments of awe and memories to cherish.

I have learned an excellent few things during the process of listening to my mother. Therefore my next exercise will be combined with the act of learning.

Next exercise: Talk to a mentor or expert about a specific topic and learn something new

No comments:

Post a Comment