Sunday 27 May 2018

7. Spend an entire day without using the word "I" and care more about other people

So, today's topic followed spending the day without using the word "I".

If I think about it now, I did actually notice the times I chose not to say "I". It was pretty painful not caring for myself exclusively for once, but was a fun practice overall!

I started by helping my parents around the house with cleaning, making the food and hanging the clothes out in the wind to dry. Pretty casual stuff, but the day was just getting started.

I took a bunch of leftover food that we hadn't touched and gave it to some homeless people on the street. I like to keep things tidy between me and them, considering they do not have a steady income.

While talking to my friends, trying to execute proper sentences without using "I" is way more difficult than one could imagine, especially when giving your own opinion in the matter at hand. This exercised my patience a little bit, and I could use a bit more of that. It taught me how to more skillfully question people.


What I had learned, at the end of the day, was to listen more. We go through life so hastily, we don't stop to see the good things in life. This exercise taught me to take anxiety off of myself by forgetting about myself.


Like I said, this exercise taught me how to question people better.

In the next exercise, I will be writing down 100 questions that are very important.



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment